Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Repurposed Frames

I've been going through the house lately trying to purge stuff that has been sitting around for way too long.  In doing so I came across a bunch of old pictures and empty frames that I can't bear to throw out.  Frames can be used for so many different projects and eventually I will get around to using each and every one of them.

Step one in repurposing the frames - a quick and easy wall hanging for K's room. 

I saw this idea on Pinterest (of course!) and realized that it would be a cute and easy piece of wall art that would not take a lot of time or $$.  Exactly what I needed right now.

This is what I started with.  A very old and dusty oil painting in a nice solid wood frame.
 
And this is the end product.  An alphabet picture which also highlights his name. 

 
 
 
Here it is hanging on his wall above his bed; not that you can see the bed, but trust me that's where it is.  ;)  The colours are more accurate in the photo above.
 
 
 
Such a cute way to showcase your childs name and the alphabet!

No comments :

Post a Comment