Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A New Year, A New An Artistic Bent

Three Years!?  Has it really been that long since my last post?  Wow, the time has definitely flown by.  Unfortunately the only excuse I have is to say, life happened.  Not a great excuse I know, but there it is, all it's cliched glory.

There has been a lot happening, both crafty and personal, since I last posted.  During that time I realized that I had too much on my plate and that something would have to go in order to save my sanity. Unfortunately what had to go was this blog.  Although I knew I'd be back at some point, I just didn't know when.

So, what have I been up to in the last three years you ask?  Well here's a very short synopsis:
  • My good friend Holley and I became demonstrators in 2009 for a rubber stamp and paper crafting company.  We now sell our ready made cards, teach monthly cardmaking classes and have a wonderful clientele.  www.stampindivas.wordpress.com
  • My husband and I went through multiple rounds of IVF and in February 2011 I gave birth a beautiful baby boy.  He has blessed our lives and I can hardly believe that he is going to be a year old next month.
  • For the last year I have been at home on maternity leave and loving every busy minute of it.  Whoever said that stay at home Moms don't 'work' has never done it. 
  • I moved my craft room out of the cold basement and in to a beautiful sunny room on the main floor.  Even my husband says it's the best piece of real estate in the house.  :)
  • Figuring out my professional bliss - still a work in progress...
Now I'm back with a revamped blog and a new outlook for An Artistic Bent (AAB).  New outlook?  That's right.  Previously I was concentrating on anything sewing related as the original blogs had originated from my my wallet and apron creations.  But now I'm focusing on all things crafty, which if you know me and have seen my craft room makes much better sense.  I'll be sharing with you different items I make, beautiful things other people have made that I come across both in person and online, discuss different techniques and futher on down the road hopefully post some tutorials.  So I hope you join me in my new An Artistic Bent journey.  It may take me a bit to find my AAB footing again, but I'm looking forward it and I hope you are too!

No comments :

Post a Comment